HITEC Power Protection develops, manufactures and delivers turnkey power solutions to ensure uninterruptible, continuous and conditioned power supply to mission-critical processes. The core product of HITEC Power Protection is the dynamic UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) system using flywheel energy storage. This is a proven technology, based on more than 60 years of experience and supported by a global installed base of more than 2,000,000 kVA in high demanding industries. Besides the main engineering and assembly facility in Almelo, the Netherlands, HITEC is located in the United States of America, United Kingdom, Malaysia, Spain, Taiwan, China, and Russia.
HITEC’s core values are: customer focus, ownership, quality, safety, reliability and communication.
HITEC Power Protection offers a number of excellent working conditions. Such as, flexible working hours and HITEC offers 40 vacation days including ADV. On top of that, HITEC offers an excellent pension scheme.
HITEC Power Protection uses the collective labour agreement Metalektro.
The Director Global Projects is the head of the Global Projects department and reports to the Chief Commercial Officer. The main objective of this role is to exceed our customer’s expectations to execute projects on time, within budget and according to the agreed quality standards. The Director Global Projects works with a team of project managers and sales and project engineers in the different regions (EMEA, Americas and APAC) and maintains close relations with other parts of the global organisation.
Responsibilities, duties and authority
- You are responsible for arranging the technical, commercial and financial realisation of orders and projects and for a correct and complete transfer of the project and the customer to the service organization.
- You lead, manage and develop the project managers.
- You control project schedules and proactively monitor adequate follow-ups.
- You are the main escalation point for the customer throughout the entire project procedure.
- You control or approve, on an incidental basis, technical, non-standard quotations and the appropriate financial aspects.
- You are responsible for delivering all projects on time, within budget and according to the quality standards.
- You support the team of application engineers during the quotation process as well as during the execution phase of the project.
- You standardise and optimize the ways of working globally for the project managers
- You make effective use of HITEC´s systems to create clear reporting and forecasting.
- You proactively communicate about the progress and finalisation of the projects.
- You communicate with in-house departments to improve current ways of working and maximize results.
- You proactively discuss the options for optimisation.
- You discuss and coordinate the progress and quality of the work with CCO.
- Ensure that your team comply to the Hitec company’s rules, the rules of conduct, guidelines and work procedures.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering from a university of applied science (HBO)
- Qualifications in Project Management e.g. IPMA or Prince
- You have a great affinity for electrical engineering and mechanical engineering
- Focus on results
- Strong focus on customer statisfaction
- Management and delegation skills
- Good communication skills
- Precision and accuracy
- Focus on solutions
- You have additional commercial qualifications and experience.
- You are willing and able to travel extensively >40%
Je interesse in deze functie kun je kenbaar maken door op onderstaande "solliciteer nu" button te klikken en je gegevens inclusief curriculum vitae achter te laten. Voor vragen kun je telefonisch contact opnemen met Miranda Pieters, 06-20235933.