EthosEnergy is an independent service provider of rotating equipment services and solutions to the power, oil & gas, and industrial markets. EthosEnergy sets a new standard of service excellence with a broader portfolio, increased global reach, greater choice, flexibility and responsiveness, and well-engineered value-added solutions.
EthosEnergy delivers comprehensive, solution-oriented products and services that will help generate greater benefits for their customers. Their business has depth and experience in asset management and long-term maintenance agreements, whilst offering transactional, factory-based parts and repair services across all industry sectors.
Their key services include:
- Power Project and Equipment Solutions including full EPC and engineering services
- Construction management, installation and commissioning services
- Operations and Maintenance (O&M)
- Major Maintenance, Optimization & Upgrades and Life Extension solutions on multiple OEM equipment:
- Gas turbines including Light Industrial and Aeroderivative to Heavy Frame
- Steam turbines
The Field Service Engineer may have to work in a whole range of situations, namely in an advisory role or in an active role in the field of installing, commissioning, converting, repairing, tracing and remedying problems and breakdowns and generally maintaining in first class condition the machines and installations both at home and abroad, on and off-shore.
The work involves carrying out work independently at home and abroad and managing/supervising the work of additional personnel. The Field Service Engineer also acts as the intermediary between the customer/contractor and EthosEnergy. This means that he will move in middle and higher management (up to director level) circles and will therefore represent EthosEnergy in the broadest sense.
Execution of the work
- Advises and supervises customer’s installation and commissioning of (converted, repaired) machines.
- Performs work independently, also installing and commissioning, repairing and modifying machines and installations in accordance with regulations and verbal instruction.
- Technical (commercial) reporting on the activities/costs in order to provide EthosEnergy with a complete range of information.
- Reports on the general safety on the site or other work location and if appropriate make recommendations to improve safety and/or takes corrective actions to bring safety to the minimum standard. Criteria for safety are conform the EthosEnergy policy and agreements.
- Advice, consults, supervise and take responsibility for safety and carry out the activities in accordance with regulations and verbal instruction.
- Promotes the sale of spare parts when asked or on his own initiative, examines the customer’s stock of spare parts with a critical eye and makes recommendations about adjustments/additions.
- Also advises the customer/user of the machine or installation as to whether a change to the process is required in order to limit or avoid damage to machinery and/or loss of production.
- Is responsible for maintaining contact with the customer’s supervisors, Inspection Agencies, additional staff and suppliers about the organisation, progress and quality of the work. This involves a high degree of diplomacy in order to guarantee maximum protection to the employer’s interests.
- Manages the work of and gives instructions to the staff when carrying out the aforementioned work; this also applies to operating and maintaining the installation.
- Takes care of training and support.
- Qualified to degree level in an appropriate engineering discipline or a chartered engineer with significant experience.
- Has highly developed communication skills.
- The construction and design of rotating machinery and auxiliary equipment, namely: their operation, assembly, disassembly, installation and method of adjustment; adjusting regulating equipment on and around the installations supplied and their systems.
- Is able to work independently.
- Technical turbomachinery background in a field/service engineering role.
- Experience with turbo machinery and willing to learn all aspects required for a Field Service Engineer.
- Is required to travel up to 100% of his time.
Je interesse in deze functie kun je kenbaar maken door onderstaand formulier in te vullen. Voor vragen kun je telefonisch contact opnemen met René Keemers, 06-52666932.