Malvern Panalytical technology is used by scientists and engineers in a wide range of industries and organizations to solve the challenges associated with maximizing productivity, developing better quality products and getting them to market faster. The mission of the company is to create superior, customer-focused solutions and services to deliver tangible economic impact through chemical, physical and structural analysis of materials.
Malvern Panalytical has multiple locations all over the world and employs over 2,000 people worldwide. When you join, you become part of the Malvern Panalytical family, a group of talented women and men who drive innovation, embrace change and celebrate global community.
Do you want to step into a high-tech world with a strong focus on software and innovation? Are you looking for a position in which you will help define the roadmap for the future Malvern Panalytical solutions? Do you want to do this in an international and friendly environment? Then this might be your chance to become a strategic part of our Project Management team!
The role has a strong strategic impact. Working with cross-functional stakeholders, you will develop, maintain, and deliver a dynamic portfolio of solutions that meet the Strategic priorities of the business. You will work closely with R&D (Research and Development) Leaders, Product and Segment Marketing Managers, and Integrated Supply Chain functional managers to ensure that priorities across relevant products or projects are balanced and aligned to meet business needs for cost, quality and innovation.
The successful candidate will also act in a co-ordination role for the project management team based in Almelo, so should have capabilities to represent our function within the wider Malvern Panalytical organisation.
What are your responsibilities?
- Co-ordinating cross-functional project teams with direction and vision to deliver new products, solutions, or business improvements to agreed project goals
- Deliver and manage single or multiple projects simultaneously
- Develop and manage project financial budgets
- Produce task estimates, project plans and forecasts based upon input from the project team and business stakeholders
- Manage, coordinate and communicate with project internal and external stakeholders / team members
- Use of modern project management and communications techniques, including risk management, agile, collaboration tools
- Work within a quality framework, including product development procedures
- Proven project management skills (5 years plus) with some (or all) of that experience in managing large software / agile development projects preferably in a manufacturing / product development environment
- The ability to lead, inspire and motivate multidisciplinary project teams to deliver our common goal
- Understand the key project drivers (time, cost, quality, and scope) and use good judgement in balancing off these factors to achieve project goals
- Experience of modern product development and manufacturing techniques (lean)
- Excellent communication and organisational skills, with the ability to communicate to a diverse, cross-functional, multi-level audience
- Business Acumen: understand business dynamics and financial impacts and able to challenge and develop projects and business cases
- Agile development processes
- Excellent written and spoken English and Dutch, and appreciation of global cultures
- Understanding of software’s role in analytical instrumentation, both from a functionality and customer experience perspective
- Microsoft Project capabilities
- Task management software (eg JIRA)
- A higher degree in a relevant science or engineering discipline
You can make your interest in this position known by filling out the form below. If you have additional questions you can contact Bertram Heemink, 06-41105986.