Malvern Panalytical technology is used by scientists and engineers in a wide range of industries and organizations to solve the challenges associated with maximizing productivity, developing better quality products and getting them to market faster. The mission of the company is to create superior, customer-focused solutions and services to deliver tangible economic impact through chemical, physical and structural analysis of materials.
Malvern Panalytical has multiple locations all over the world and employs over 2,000 people worldwide. When you join, you become part of the Malvern Panalytical family, a group of talented women and men who drive innovation, embrace change and celebrate global community.
In this position -which is new to the company- you will centralize global service logistics. You will provide our field service organization with the right (spare) parts, at a specific moment at the right location. Not a small challenge: Malvern Panalytical has customers in every corner of the world and uptime is critical.
You will work together with the global supply chain manager and local supply chain managers providing spare parts. Your own team is to be defied by you. It is foreseen that global service logistics needs a planning function. How to arrange that is up to you to define.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Create a safe and organized working environment
- Define, implement, and monitor relevant goals and KPI’s
- Keep a healthy balance between inventory and service levels towards (internal) customers
- Organize IT systems (ERP and CRM) in the favor of service supply chain
- Organize a controlled and safe return flow for parts and complete systems (returns should be free from contamination)
- Keep the administrative burden of your internal customers to a minimum
- Continuous improvement and follow-up on improvement plans
- Signal development opportunities and tackle these adequately
- Provide input on strategic plans regarding the supply chain
- Deliver recurring and ad hoc reports
- Manage the highest escalation level when it comes to availability of service parts
- Be logistics sparring partner for field service managers (and organization)
- A BSc or MSc in a relevant field
- At least 6 years of relevant working experience, preferably in a capital goods environment
- Knowledge of multi-echelon (service) supply chains
- Familiar ERP systems and a strong affinity with IT
- A basic understanding of good warehouse management
- A decisive, stress resilient, and pragmatic attitude
- Expertise on planning and logistics
- Well established communicative skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Fluent in English
You can make your interest in this position known by filling out the form below. If you have additional questions you can contact Bertram Heemink, 06-41105986.