Power-Packer, with headquarters in Oldenzaal, The Netherlands, is a market leader in motion control systems. Power-Packer supplies specialized high-quality products, which include the development and manufacturing of (electro) hydraulic actuation systems for a large number of applications in Automotive, Truck, Medical, Marine and Off-Highway.
They specialize in custom-made solutions for mobile applications, such as drive systems of convertible roofs and lifting truck cabins. They are market leaders in Europe and their reputation is known worldwide. Power-Packer Europe is ISO/TS certified and has been granted many supplier awards. Renowned car and truck manufactures are among their regular customers. The drive for innovation and development within the Company always lead them to introduce new products.
“Our Production Engineering team has an important role in fulfilling our mission: creating capable and Lean World Class production processes according our safety and quality standards – at the right cost. Therefore we need strong professionals in our team! ’’
The Manufacturing Engineer is the link between Product Engineering and the Production department. Responsibility is sustaining and improving existing equipment/processes but also the industrialization of new projects.
In this role you will report to the Team Leader Production Engineering.
Your main tasks end responsibilities are:
- Secure the manufacturability of new products in collaboration with our Product Engineering department in NPD project teams
- Functional specification, procurement and commissioning of new manufacturing equipment/ processes, including capital cost justification and related documentation.
- Leading development and continuous improvement of our manufacturing equipment and -processes together with external partners.
- Work collaboratively with team members of the LEAD (Lean Enterprise Across Disciplines) teams in order to improve safety, quality and productivity according our internal- and quality demands (ISO/TS 16949 / IATF)
- Maintain presence on the shop floor and provide hands on trouble shooting of manufacturing equipment/processes to drive root cause analyses and corrective actions. Drive Lean Six Sigma thinking
What do we expect from you?
- Bachelor/ Master degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years relevant working experience in a production area
- Knowledge of and experience with Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma is a plus
- Preferably experience with Automotive or related businesses
- Verbal and written communication skills in Dutch and English
- Leadership / Project Management abilities
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
If you are interested in this position you can make this known by filling out the form below. If you have any questions you can contact Miranda Pieters by phone at (0031) 6-20235933.