Step into a high-tech world with a strong focus on innovation! Malvern & PANalytical’s company vision is to create a better world by enabling people to get valuable insight into their materials and processes. Every day millions of people use an incredible range of products and services that have been improved by the help of materials characterization.
A merger between Malvern & PANalytical took place on the 1st of January 2017 and together they have locations all over the world. At Malvern & PANalytical you can contribute at various areas: Sales, Service, Marketing, Research & Development, Operations and various staff departments, like Finance, ICT and HR. At Malvern & PANalytical we are working in an environment where we value absolute integrity, empowerment, customer focus, innovation and high performance. Are you the one who is willing to work in this environment and share your talents with your future colleagues?
The analytical user software engineer will support the new product developments in Malvern PANalytical's X-ray fluorescence (XRF) products, which are used for materials analysis in scientific and industrial product and process control. In this function you will contribute to the design, coding and testing of the analytical user software for Malvern PANalytical’s XRF product line.
The job requires you to acquire knowledge of XRF products and applications and apply it to user software development. You will acquire, maintain and disseminate knowledge of up-to-date software technology and its potential application for PANalytical. You will ensure that the software design is robust, resulting in accurate, reliable and maintainable programs. You will be working with PANalytical XRF systems and solving product problems, as they relate to software and related systems engineering issues. You will work closely together in a team in a multi-disciplinary environment, to design and implement new features in our analytical user software, to test the correct functioning of user software and assist in test automation.
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or related subject with experience in software development in a commercial environment
- Affinity with laboratory equipment and/or strong affinity with analytical techniques
- Experience with C#, WPF and MVVM agile methodologies and test-driven development
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Strongly result-driven with respect to customer products: Ability to think and act as an end user with emphasis on key product quality indicators, such as analytical performance, ease of use, robustness and speed
- Can do attitude with the ability to work both standalone and within a team
- Drive to work in a high-tech environment with the ambition to develop products with a strong competitive edge
- Fluent in English and prepared to (learn to) understand Dutch
If you are interested in this position you can make this known by filling out the form below. If you have any questions you can contact Bertram Heemink by phone at (0031) 06-41105986.