Super B is a strong growing organization developing and producing unique high-end lithium batteries for a variety of industries and applications. Leading manufacturers and customers in markets as marine, automotive, recreational vehicles, motorcycling and renewable energy have experienced the innovative and reliable Super B lithium battery solutions.
Their starter batteries have successfully been used in world-famous performance vehicles for years. Various canal boats, campers, large ferries, mega yachts and mega solar plants are powered by Super B traction batteries. The Super B solutions are developed and produced in Hengelo, The Netherlands and supported by worldwide regional sales/service centers.
The team in Hengelo develops the next generation of smart batteries. One of the differentiators of Super B batteries is the Battery Management System (BMS). This is a combination of advanced hardware and embedded software that forms the heart of every battery. It manages energy flows during (dis-)charge, diagnostics and communication. The Software Engineering Manager will coach and enable the software team to maximize their output in line with product developments and software updates.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Leading the Software Engineering team in the daily activities in collaboration with the other engineering disciplines.
- Together with the CTO define priorities and remove roadblocks in development.
- Working effectively with the software team, developing software architecture and develop / review software code.
- Keeping track of the latest trends and technologies in (embedded) software and introduce new tools and methods if needed.
Further development of Super-B’s software programming standards, including debugging and testing, building the foundations for future growth.
- Bachelor or Master degree in a relevant technical study.
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar role and working with C, C++ and the GNU compiler in embedded systems.
- Good knowledge of embedded systems and the combination of electronics and software.
- Creative in problem solving.
- Proven track record in leading software development teams in a technical product environment.
- Experience with microcontrollers like ARM and Power Architecture.
- Knowledge of CAN, CANOpen, LIN, J1939 and similar bus systems.
- Knowledge of, Functional Safety, AUTOSAR and Misra C are advantages.
- Customer focused and able to communicate with customers in English.
- Good communication skills in English, preferably also Dutch.
If you are interested in this position you can make this known by filling out the form below. If you have any questions you can contact René Keemers by phone at (0031) 06-52666932.