Power-Packer, with headquarters in Oldenzaal, The Netherlands, is a market leader in motion control systems. Power-Packer supplies specialized high-quality products, which include the development and manufacturing of (electro) hydraulic actuation systems for a large number of applications in Automotive, Truck, Medical, Marine and Off-Highway.
They specialize in custom-made solutions for mobile applications, such as drive systems of convertible roofs and lifting truck cabins. They are market leaders in Europe and their reputation is known worldwide. Power-Packer Europe is ISO/TS certified and has been granted many supplier awards. Renowned car and truck manufactures are among their regular customers. The drive for innovation and development within the Company always lead them to introduce new products.
” By leading a team of professionals and executing continuous improvement initiatives across the Supply Chain the Supervisor Logistic System Engineer has an important role in making the operations world class. Our goal is to deliver superior customer experience. Therefore we need strong professionals in our team! “
In this position you are responsible for the development, implementation and optimization of the logistic and supply chain processes and tools in line with our business strategy. You manage a team of 5 Logistic System Engineers and together with them you give advice, follow up on logistic parameter control within the ERP system, set up logistic, supply chain procedures, work methods and trains involved employees where needed. In this position you will report to the Logistics Manager and you are part of the Logistics management Team.
Your main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Build and motivate the team, set clear KPI’s, adhere to the company values and use those to improve team performance and wellbeing consistently.
- Initiate, lead and implement cost reduction plans and efficiency improvements with regard to in- and external logistics processes.
- Analyze and manage inventory risks and inventory turns for RM / FG.
- Create and maintain logistics procedures, work instructions, analyze, adjust and optimize logistic parameters within the ERP system.
- Improve transportation and customs activities.
- Make reports and statistics of logistic data as well as cost analyses.
- Related to New Product Development programs: assist with making new offers for potential customers (related to logistics), execution of different projects steps to reach the Start Of Production (SOP) phase such as development of customer and suppliers packaging, develop logistic agreements, EDI communication setup, requalifying inventory turns.
What do we expect from you?
- Master or Bachelor’s Degree in logistics, technical or business management.
- Relevant working experience in Manufacturing or Logistics (3 – 7 years).
- Knowledge of logistic processes, ERP system (preference is Oracle).
- Skills in teaching, training and developing employees – demonstrated ability to lead and motivate employees
- Working experience with LEAN Six Sigma.
- Project management skills.
- Customer and Service oriented.
- Team player, analytical and result oriented.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English, German and Dutch
If you are interested in this position you can make this known by filling out the form below. If you have any questions you can contact Miranda Pieters by phone at (0031) 6-20235933.