HITEC Power Protection is a company of Air Water Inc, Japan and develops, manufactures and delivers turnkey power solutions to ensure uninterruptible, continuous and conditioned power supply to mission critical processesCore of the HITEC Power Protection solution are rotary UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) systems using flywheel energy storage. This is proven technology, based on more than 50 years of experience and supported by a global installed base of more than 2,000,000 kVA in high demanding industries. Besides the headquarters in Almelo, the Netherlands, HITEC is located in the United States of America, United Kingdom, Malaysia, China, Spain, Russia and Taiwan.
HITEC’s core values are: customer focus, ownership, quality, safety, reliability and communication
The Innovation, Development & Engineering (IDE) Manager leads and manages engineering activities in Innovation, product development, design, operations or field service environments. He manages a group of engineers and designers working on various projects. The Engineering department consists of three divisions: Electrical, Mechanical and Software. Each division has their own Lead Engineer, with a team of four to eight employees. The IDE Manager reports directly to the COO.
- Translate the R&D strategy and innovation roadmap into specific departmental objectives and initiatives, including required budgets, in order to give direction to the activities of the department;
- Schedule and assign projects and set short and long term plans regarding direct operational and capacity needs;
- Responsible for the correct and sound management of the department and ensuring that all HITEC systems and peripheral equipment are and stay ‘state of the art’;
- You actively coach and manage the competences and capabilities of team members in such a way that the plans and objectives are met;
- You make sure the output of the department meets required quality, engineering standards and directives;
- You monitor, control and manage project- and development budgets;
- Continuous Improvement. Develops and improves engineering processes and procedures to create an effective and efficient working environment;
- As part of the site management team you prioritise and manage activities related to the engineering department;
- You develop and maintain KPI’s and metrics for the department, monitors progress analysis performance and ensures periodical and ad hoc reporting to senior management;
- You monitor and discuss the progress and quality of the work with the team leaders and team members on a regular basis;
- You discuss, where appropriate, the solutions for and/or prevention of bottlenecks with customers, suppliers and internal stakeholders;
- You analyse and proactively advise/report bottlenecks in the execution process and its projected consequences; and
- You discuss and report the progress and quality of the work via KPI’s to the COO.
- Master Degree or similar level preferably in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent qualifications;
- Affinity with electrical engineering and mechanical engineering in industrial environments;
- Experience in a managerial position in an international production environment;
- Affinity with power electronics is a preference;
- Speaks, reads and writes Dutch and English; and
- Work with MS Office.
You can express your interest in this position by clicking the "apply now" button below and leave your details including curriculum vitae. For questions you can contact Miranda Pieters by telephone, 06-20235933.